1. Connect the Raspberry PLC to a WIFi network2. Open up a terminal windows and issue the following command to install the fswebcam package:
sudo apt updatesudo apt install fswebcam
3. Add your user to the video group:
sudo usermod -a -G video <username>
4. Enter the command fswebcam followed by a filename. A picture will be taken using the webcam, and saved to the filename specified:
5. Specify the resolution using the -r flag:
fswebcam -r 1280x720 image.jpg
For more information, go to: https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/usage/webcams/
1. Install the ffmpeg packages:
sudo apt updatesudo apt install ffmpeg
2. Exec the next command to record a video from an input file, an save it to an output file:
ffmpeg -i <input file> <output file>
Check out the ffmpeg documentation for more details: https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html
If you need more information, do not hesitate to contact with us.
Do you want to know how to implement our open source PLC Raspberry Pi devices?
Visit our Case Studies about Raspberry Pi automation, monitoring and control.
Just fill the form!